RE: 69 vs. 71 gtv differences

> i am interested in the differences between a 71 gtv
> and a 69.  i am aware of the seats and stepped
> hood.  is there much else.  i need a stablemate for my
> 73 spider and am trying to figure out the different models.
> as far as i know the non-stepped hood starts in 71
> before the 2000 engine.  the dash also changes after
> 71.  is 69 the same dash?

the stepped hood went away with the 1750, so the '69 has the same hood as
the '71 (the best year for the gtv).  the '69 has rounded bumpers, the '71
has the square bumpers like the 2 liter cars, but in the rear the '71 has
the license plate lights on the bumpers, where the 2 liter cars has the lp
lights on the body.  i think the '69 has round side marker lights, the '71
has the rectangular marker lights.  the dash is essentially the same for the
'69 and the '71.  the '69 has the flying buttress seats, the '71 has the
same seats as the later models.

the '69 has the floor mounted pedals (and dual boosters under the hood), the
'71 has the firewall mounted pedals (same as your spider).  the '69 has the
small tail lights, the '71 has the larger tail lights (same as the 2 liter).
'69 has left threaded wheel nuts on one side of the car, the '71 has right
threaded wheel nuts all around.

last one that comes to mind, the '69 has the nice trim around the front
windshield, the '71 has the glue-in windshield.  oh, the '71 has a rear
window defroster.

hope this helps,

bs