Re: 2.0l TS Engine

I would be very careful before importing an engine into the United
States. The last time that I looked, a long time ago, engines had to
comply with EPA regulations just like a whole vehicle. However, this may
be a law that is not enforced. Or, this law may be aimed more at
automobile manufacturers rather than individuals.

One way around would be to claim that the engine is to be used for
racing purposes. With a twin spark that concept should be easily sold.
The racing claim should be easily sold with any Alfa engine.

If you break the engine into parts, these rules are avoided. Just be
careful and check the regulations before importing an engine. If I am
right, this could save you a lot of trouble for the price of some
additional freight.
- --
        Ken Stevenson     Dallas, Texas
        1977 Lancia Monte Carlo - Argento -  AR 3.0 project
        1991 Alfa Romeo 164L    - Nero