Re: alfa-digest V7 #3

> From: "David Ross"
> Subject: FIAT 127, 131 (was: Re: Car of the century)
>
> I don't think it is reasonable to infer too much about the 127 from the Yugo.

David,  These cars just didn't survive the NE climate, Yugo or Fiat.  Snow, salt and sand wreaked havock on them.  With the exception
of well maintained and garaged 124 spiders.  Fiats are nowhere to be seen on the roads here.  131s were wiped from the landscape within
two years of their demise and at the end, these cars looked like rolling cancer.

On the good news side, Alfa 164s and Milanos  are seen from time to time.  That's one reason why I am so pleased with the 7 year old
164 I now own.  The body is in really fine shape.  The Italian car maker has really gone a long way to improving its reputation here;
too bad more people don't know about it.

- --
cheers,
Carl Prochilo
1992 Red SHO