Re: alfa-digest V6 #287 - Castrol Coolant for Alfa 146

Hi,

Got a bit confused with the submission bit.

"please respond to alfa@digest.net" at the top of the email I received
and somewhere at the beginning of the body, it says "send submissions to
alfa-digest@digest.net".

What should I choose to send submissions/respond...???

I had a good start to a long weekend yesterday - took a 1/2 day from work
and send
my Alfa 146 1.6 to the local agent for some "belt tightening" and at the
same time
replace the lousy coolant supplied by the agent with Castrol
"anti-corrosion" coolant
(it's a white bottle with a blue label).

The belt tightening doesn't seem to work because this morning, the
squeaking noise came back
when the engine is fired up. After a while, it went away. Must tell those
guys to work on it again during
the next 30000 km service. The new Castrol coolant looks good and this was
recommended by the
service coordinator at the agent.  The lousy coolant which they used (free
for those cars under warranty)
turned "muddy" and looks like Ovaltine or Milo after a couple hundred km.
Let's see how this Castrol
coolant will perform.

Mike

Alfa 146 1.6 - only one at the company I am currently working with