RE: used parts warning

>      i'm getting my 1974 spider body fixed up and painted and have been
>      buying parts to put back on when it's done and have learned:
>      don't expect parts from AlfaPartsExchange to be any less worn out
>      than the ones you took off the car.  And don't expect them to be
>      very sympathetic or allow returns.  And don't be suprised if they
>      tell you that if you wanted really good ones you should have told
>      them that when you placed your order.

personally, i'd be very surprised.

last year, myself and mg-boy bought a '72 spider from them that had been off
the road for around 15 years.  they didn't know the history, but worked with
us to change fuel filters, etc etc.

mg-boy's first attempt to make it home failed, he got stranded in sacramento
with too much crap coming loose in the fuel tank and clogging the filters.

larry offered to tear up the check and go retrieve the car (90 miles, so
figure at least a 3 hour round trip), and pretend that the deal never
happened.  i declined, we had the tank flushed, and the rest of the trip to
mass was uneventful.

just another reference point, but imho they've never been less than
completely honest and straight forward in my dealings with them.

bs