Clean cars underneath

>Does anybody know if the factory actually painted the bottom in
>the same color. All cars in the netherlands have got black
>coating, but i dont know if this rust proofing is applied
>afterwards?
>
>Greetings,
>Hans de Kok
>chairman Dutch Alfa Romeo Spider Register

Hi there Hans, yes, as far as I know, the entire body was painted
in the -60's underneath. I cannot remember seeing any "black tar"
on the Alfas, I just to work in Italy (Fo) in the -60's.

In Scandinavia however, the Alfas had black rust prevention
underneath. I agree that the Swiss Duetto was astonishing.

Cheers and thanx for the Limburg event.

Wille R
hem.passagen.se/veloce/
One of the spider sites with more than 625 Duettos in the register