Re: Honda FWD

In regards to transverse FWD drive trains, Fiat brought out the 128 in
1969 with a SOHC transverse FWD drive train. So this seems to put Honda
in fourth place behind the Mini, Simca, and Fiat. Of course, the first
Honda brought to the U.S., The Honda 600, which first appeared on U.S.
shores in 1971 was a transverse FWD vehicle, however considering it was
a air cooled 2 banger some people might not consider it a "real" car,
but it did start Honda car sales in the U.S.

Honda has been very influential over the years and has always been a
leader in innovative technology combining power and efficiency and from
that should rate a spot on the car of the century list. The Mini, Simca
and Fiat may have predated Honda in FWD, but Honda was there with the
Civic just when the fuel crunch hit. The right car at the right time.

I still wouldn't trade my Alfa for any Honda.

Gene Brown
Simi Valley, CA
78 Spider