33 Gold Cloverleaf

>>I have just bought a 1985 alfa 33 gold leaf edition in Australia and I =
would like to know what experience others may have had with this model. I =
really like the car but the suspension seems to knock at the front and =
most of the power comes from the front left hand side.
does anyone have any similar experiences?<<

Dan

First of all, there is a 33 discussion site just set up. Try:-

"http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?id=20413"

On one of this age, rust is the main problem in northern Europe. The
knocks are probably due to worn from suspension bushes. These
are not expensive or difficult to replace, although it may well be
easier to replace the front suspension arms with new, with new
bushes fitted. This could well be the source of the pull to one
side.

 Another possible source, if the car pulls in the direction
you last had full lock in is the bearings in the front struts. These
sit under the bottem spring pan, and are about 10cm yellow
rings (containing ball bearings). These can be short lived and
upset the handling. Again, cheap and easy to fix.

Other things to check are the front wheel bearings (ball bearing,
and cannot be adjusted), ball joints and the bolts holding the
drive shafts onto the gearbox. Also, rear suspension bushes
can be short lived, although they are cheap to replace.

33's can decide on any direction if you pull off rapidly. Torque
steer tends not to be in any particular direction.

All the best

Keith