Re: alfa-digest V6 #32

Hal Taylor wrote:

>A couple of people suggested that I consider an electric fan, but I
>believe the consenus is that there's no room to install one on an A/C
>car.  There is, however, what appears to be a push-type fan in front of
<the a/c condenser.  Could this be wired to a thermostat and used for
>engine cooling?  The car never gets hot, except in traffic (and when the
>fan puts a whole in the radiator, of course...).

>And why couldn't somebody design an electric fan with a belt, so the
>motor wouldn't have to sit in the tight spot (between water pump and
>radiator)?  Any thoughts.

Yes..hmmmm a belt driven electric fan?  What am I missing here? ;-)

My friends 91 Spider mit autobox, PS, and a/c has an pair of electric fans
similar to those I have seen on the GTV-6 and Milano.  On my 75 Spider I
replaced the mechanical fan (I also had my plastic one explode) with a pusher
electric.  I don't have a/c in it so it was no problem.  Works great and adds
a few ponies as well and the engine seems to rev a bit smoother.

Jerry in Houston