Re: alfa-digest V6 #29

>Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 09:47:33 -0500
>From: Bill <alfabill@ix.netcom.com>
>Subject: gas prices
>
>> so one liter is about 90
>> Dutch cents !! (In US Currency this is about 45 Cents). One liter of
>> Unleaded costs almost 2.2 Guilder here in The Netherlands (=3DUS$1.1).=20
>>
>So I should really be impressed with our currently very low prices
>here... roughly 99 cents per 4 litres, or 25 cents per litre, regular
>grade and $1.24 for 93 premium. Mobil or Shell.
>
>How do you do it at $4 a gallon and 24 mpg? That'a lott'o money!!
>
>Bill
>Tampa Florida, where northern Florida residents cross the state line for
>	       "cheap" gas in Georgia...

Ha! You should try it here in the UK! UKP 3.50 per gallon. I think thats
USD 5.76 at todays rate...
Oh, and there's a budget coming up from a Government that wants to force
cars
off the road by taxing car use out of contention while failing to offer
any
reasonable alternative but bicycles or filthy, unreliable, dangerous and
overpriced trains - anyone for an extra 25p on a gallon (say USD 5 per
gallon)?

Regards

Chris Light

Another day over.
All customers satisfied.
All work up to date.
Oh, and the pigs are fed and ready for take-off.