re: fire extinguisher mount

>Regarding the structural integrity of mounts, Nathan Wong expressed
>concern of injury from a flying fire ext. in case of an accident.  A
>good friend of mine was injured just before Christmas when he was struck
>in the driver's door by a truck.  His little Isuzu wasn't damaged that
>badly, but the propane canister on the passenger seat flew into his leg
>with amazing violence.  The sheet steel handle sliced through his thigh
>muscle and shattered his femur.  He's back at work now on crutches.

i'm just catching up, but in case it hasn't already been stressed, do *not*
use the standard plastic mounts that most plastic fire extinguishers come
with, they'll probably snap off before the velcro would let go.  they are
intended for use in a house/garage, where the unit won't be subjected to
any movement.

use only a metal mount.

there's a fire extinguisher place in lowell, mass, that sells extinguishers
with metal mounts - anyone in the boston area that's having trouble
locating one bug me and i'll dig up the info.

bs