164 Clutch Replacement -Reply

 "Mark F. Domby" <dombymf5@wfu.edu> writes...

>OK, I'm having to replace the clutch at 52K miles. A smash in the
wallet,
>but I don't want to be stranded on one of the many hills/mountains
around
>here with no where to go but down the wrong way. Anyway, the pressure
plate
>and seal are being replaced as well as a bearing somewhere, according to
my
>dealer, so while her guts are spilling out, should anything else be
>done/checked? Thanks as always.
You've got the basics covered - the other thing I'd recommend (which I
forgot to do) is replacing the seal behind the flywheel.  If your car is
a '91 B or L you might want to consider replacing the input shaft bearing
which is prone to failure (uprated part was installed starting in '92 and
is the replacement part for all).  This does involve opening up the box,
but you're half-way there.

>Oh yeah- anybody know of a good alternative to the oem side view mirrors
Nothing that I know of.

Brad Anesi
'91 Project 164Q 5-speed

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]