Re: Oil on air cleaner in Milano

Colin Verrilli wrote:

> Fred,
> Can you explain to the digest why this fix works and why the factory
> made the opening too small? Or did you write an article on this? I didn't
> check the Bosch Notes.
> Thanks,
> Colin.

Colin, It may have been 1987 when I decided to try to find the reason
for so much oil getting past the separator  in my '87 Milano.  After a
good deal of thought and experiments it seemed the high velocity of
vapors being sucked into the main air duct  pulled too much oil before
it could drain back down into the sump.  After the increased opening of
the fitting at the main air duct from the separator,  the oil loss was
reduced enough that ARI recomended it too.