lightened flywheels

"Steel flywheels can be lightened to improve engine "revviness" without
compromising street driving.  Aluminum flywheels can make a car almost
undriveable on the street."

hmmm. Never really given flywheels much thought but.... Why does the
aluminium flywheel become undriveable on the street? Does the inertia of
the heavier version help the transition from a stop? I'm guessing that
the undriveable characteristic is a large stumble?
    The only car I've ever driven with one was a friend's 5l Mustang and
it seemed fine. However, I suppose the rest of the weight of  heavy
moving bits in a Ford engine results in less relative inertia loss from
a lightened flywheel and the extra couple hundred hp probably helps as
well?
just curious, my car is not coming apart to replace a perfectly good
flywheel.
Mike Bendickson
Vancouver, BC