Alfa song

The current issue of ROAD & TRACK  (April, 1998, pg. 130), has an interesting
article entitled: "Combustion Chamber Music, Why do we like the sounds of
great cars?"

As the author, Kim Reynolds, succinctly puts it: "What would you pay for a
Ferrari that sounded like a Fiat?"

It got me thinking...some sounds are more moving than others.  For me, it's:

-An approach shot hitting the pin at Kapalua.
-Popping the cork from a bottle of Cristal.
-An Alfa above 5,000rpm
-My wife above 5,000rpm.

Preferably, all in the same weekend next time.

Since sound is an integral part of the Alfa experience, could we hear(?) some
discussion on the subject from the acoustic engineers among us.

A. Robert(Bob) Duetto