Increasing roll stiffness with springs vs bars

Hullo Alfisti,

In Vol 6 no.16 Rick wrote......

FWIW, increasing roll stiffness with springs fell out of favor during the
80's, but with today's tire technology it is back--with substantially higher
wheel rates if the tracks are smooth. Of course, today's body shells are
a lot stiffer........

As a general question, I've always wondered what the tradeoffs are
between stiffening the springs vs stiffening the antiroll bars, if you want
to increase roll stiffness (at one or both ends).  I guess one obvious
factor is that stiffening springs will harshen the ride more than stiffening
rollbars, but stiffening the bars tends to cause inner wheel lifting more
than stiffening the springs. But from Rick's para above, clearly there are
many more factors to consider, and I wonder if people would like to offer
their thoughts in the digest please.  For starters, in the quote above,
what would be the significances of tyres and body-stiffness in the
springs vs bars issue ?

 Thanks all,
Graham Hilder,
N.Z.
Various Suds & Nords.

P.S. Thanks all who sent me the A.D. no.16 which  I was missing...