lsd

My God Man, get the limited slip!  I recently had a chance to drive my
non-lsd '67 GTV around the track, and then a '65 GTV (yeah, Giulia Sprint
GT) with a tightened lsd.  It was night and day, the '65 could put the
power down to the track like my car never could.  It was just wondeful.
Even while entering an on-ramp of a U.S. interstate I can just spin spin
spin, or should I say, turn turn turn, my inside rear (what else?) tire, I
just have to back off the gas and come back down to earth; very slow and
frustrating.  I purchased an lsd from a '74 Spider that I will tighten up
and install this summer, maybe before I drive ol' Turner to Santa Fe.

My car is set up very stiffly, I'm sure it's more stiff than necessary,
which no doubt contributes to the lifting of the rear wheel, so as they say
"your mileage may vary".

As far as rain driving goes, I've found that the GTV's can brake with a
very impressive amount of force even on soaked rain tracks, concentrate on
late braking more than accelerating, that's where you'll catch the bigger,
heavier cars  :))

Alfa good day,

Steve S.
Seattle, WA
"El Nino or not, we still get lotsa rain"

http://nsccux.sccd.ctc.edu/~borrani
Turner's Page