Berlina gearing (USA)

In AD5-019 Kevin Charles Trent in Knoxville TN took on the question of Berlina
gearing. He starts with a quote from Road & Track:
"...final gearing remains the same at 4.30:1 for the Berlina, 4.1:1 for the
two sports models; thus it will probably remain at 4.56:1 for all US versions
as it is now."
(The R & T quote was from a European correspondent, not identified but his
description of his trial run was from Lake Garda to Brescia and back.)

Charles then goes on to say

"I agree that the US 2000 Berlinas have a different rear axle ratio - I
believe it is 4.3:1.  I have two '73 Berlinas (2000w/LSD) , a 73 spider
(2000w/LSD), a '71 1750 Berlina,  and a 69 GTV.   The 2000 Berlinas
definitely turn less rpm than the other cars - -"

Fusi, for what it is worth, gives for the 1750 Spider 10/41 (USA 9/41) but
this is the only one of this range in which he differentiates Euro and USA
versions. He gives 9/41 for the 1750 GTV and Berlina; the same as for the USA
Spider, but for the 2000 he gives 10/41 for the Spider and GTV, and 9/41 for
the Berlina.

The US Owner's  Manuals for the 1971 1750, 1972 2000, and 1973 2000 gives 9/41
for all three bodies in all three years, but give lower permissible speeds in
the gears for the Berlina in all three years. The differences are both modest
and inexact, averaging around 4%.

The parts books are no help (to me, at any rate) in this case.

Given that these are for the most part aging cars of unknown history, with
possible axle swaps twenty years ago, the safe thing to do is count-

John