Fuel and Brake Tubing

Mike--

I can't believe you can't find steel tubing locally.  The stuff you want
is marketed as "bundyweld" steel hydraulic tubing and is available in
different diameters and lengths, plated with terne (tin) or copper
coating.  Try your local supplier of hydraulic lines for bulldozers and
loaders for the construction industry, or check out the Bundy website at
http://www.bundy.com. I would guess that something like 3/8 for the send
and 5/16 for the return would be more than adequate.  You have several
options once you've formed your lines.  You can get AN style ends to
marry the ends to aeroquip type braided line, if you were interested in
overkill. This will require using a simple single flare type tool to
attach the fittings.  Eastwood Company or maybe even home depot can
supply this for you. (These sources can supply the benders as well.)
Another method uses good (like Wurth) European fuel line and good
clamps.  To read more on plumbing, try Carroll Smith's Nuts, Bolts,
Fasteners and Plumbing Handbook.

I've forgotten whether this is a SPICA car or not, but if so one source
of knowledge is Wes Ingram.  I'm sure that Fred D, Pat Braden and
others have ideas and opinions as well.  Good luck.