Re: What's that doing there?

> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 08:07:28 EST
> From: JimboMGA@aol.com
> Subject: What's that doing there?
>
> Good day Alfa Know-it-alls,
>      There was a big bright yellow thing in the sky today instead of the bleak
> grey clouds, so, myself and the GTV6 did a little extra-commute driving. Fun
> fun fun!
>      I blast into the my driveway and decided that whilst I had the temp up
> around 180 degrees I should check on that lazy rad fan. It was loafing as
> usual. That I can deal with.
>      My puzzlement focuses on some oil (a bit less than quarter ounce) that I
> found in the lip around the lid of my air cleaner box. How'd that get there? I
> didn't spill it there, that much I do know. Hell, the filler is on the other
> side. There wasn't oil any place else around under the bonnet.
>       Any ideas? Is this significant? Is it at all related to the days
> spirited driving?
> Thanks all,
> See ya.
> JimboMGA@aol.com
> 1984 GTV6 (graunch)
> 1969 912 (44/56)

Jimbo:

I've had 3 v-6 transaxle alfas and they all did this to some extent.  I
always thought the reason was something consistent with the reply you
received from Collin.  Additionally, the baffles on the older gtv6s had
an additional opening for a rubber hose that was to bring oil back to
the pump.

Rodney Tidwell
Mccomb, MS