Re: Lamp Bulb Values

Dr. Ted Siverns wrote:

>I have been unable to determine the value, in watts, of bulbs labeled:
>158, 168, 194.  Does anyone know a source for obtaining this?  (This is
>the problem earlier mentioned that North American lamps are marked with
>a number not the wattage.)

One of the answers that came up before was to go to a parts store that
has an actual application catalog.  Some (like my local Kragen) has one
hanging next to the bulb rack.  I think it's a Sylvania book with all
the specs you'd ever want and more.  Some may have one behind the parts
counter.  If you don't see one, ask if they have one and if so, can you
step around the counter and browse.  If they don't have one, walk out
without buying anything.