sucking air

Hi again All,
reading my new Alfa book, it says that you may have emissions
trouble if you hear sucking noise when you take off the gas cap,
and that a "cheap" fix is to drill a hole in the cap to equalize the
pressure.  I believe, when refilling the tank, my Alfa tank is
"pressurized"  - i.e. the cap, if unscrewed quickly, will actually be
blown off the filler tube.  Yikes. (?)
1. Is this bad?
2. What can be causing this phenomena?
3. Should I drill a hole in the cap (I don't know if it's stock or not -
it's relatively flat, simple, and painted black)?
any ideas will help. thanks,
Dan in Mo with an '89 Veloce (such a pretty car).