Re: alfa-digest V6 #8 105 wheel studs...

We've done quite a few conversions in the last couple of years where
people wanted to upgrade their 105 Spiders and Coupes to use the more
modern Campagnolo and Cromodora "Turbina" style alloy wheels. The newer
wheel are thick enough so that the older lug nuts don't get enough of a
grip on the existing stud. Also, several of our customers who have
upgraded to Panasport 6 X 14 or 6 X 15 wheels don't want nice chromed
lug nuts on one side of the car and the crumby old reverse threaded big
nuts on the other. The easiest solution is to substitute the pressed in
(from the back) studs with those from any 115 car (i.e. a mid eighties
Spider). This requires removal of the axle shafts and front hubs,
removal of the brake disc from the front hub, but it's really nice after
the job is finished and offers so much more piece of mind if you do go
on track. On a 105 Spider raced by another customer who bought some
beautiful new Technomagnesio TZ-1 copies, we found some Moroso brand
extended studs in USF with the correct .480" shoulder width
(interference fit) that work great!   -Peter Krause