[alfa] Re: Graduate Racer

Although I think that Biba makes a good point regardng the preservation of
historically important cars, perhaps it would be wise to remember that the
movie "The Graduate" (and the car) didn't achieve its iconic status right out
of the gates.  It was highly regarded (multiple Oscar nominations) and
successful ($50MM gross) but it achieved its iconic status over time.  Very
likely if Alfa had realized what would happen, they would have kept those
particular car(s) -- after all, if you're going to put one in the musuem, it
might as well be a famous one.

It's easy to look back with hindsight -- a lot tougher to read the tea leaves
to devine te future.  And we know that Alfa wasn't particularly good at that!
 :-)

Bill Bain
AROC Atlanta