[alfa] Low lying Alfa owners

Touche to Eric Wood on his post about Alfa headroom or lack thereof. One of the conditions of purchase for my then new Alfa 164 was a requirement that the mechanic produce more headroom for the driver without altering the bodywork, of course. Somehow an extra one half inch was found. The mechanic claimed he removed some "spacers" from the seat rails. I am reminded of the limited front headroom every time my wife insists on driving and I am relegated to the front passenger seat.....

Maybe I should look for a Bertone GTV after all. I was warned the headroom is tight for tall drivers but I have not actually tried to sit in one..

Cheers

Michael Smith
White 1991 164L
Original owner