[alfa] Re: Stupid looking Alfas

Is that the red coupe that looks like an XKE that somebody squashed
between two other cars in a chain accident? If so, that's the Disco
Volante Coupe, and I agree that it's butt ugly. OTOH, if you're talking
about the red Kamm-back coupe with the green nose, its a Touring
Zagato or TZ. Far from looking stupid to most Alfisti, they are among
the most valuable of all Giulietta/Guilia based Alfas. Only the even
rarer TZ2 is worth more money. De Cadinet  was so fond of the TZ that
soon after the "Victory by Design" shoot, he bought himself one.

I do agree that the Giugiaru designed, Bertone-built  Giulia
GT/GT-Veloce/GTA  built from 1965 - 1975 is the most beautiful Alfa
Coupe of all. With the original "step-nose" design being the best of
all.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0 'S'
(CA Lic# 'TIPO116')