[alfa] Painting my 164Q, any advice on what to look out for, etc.?

I am having my 1995 164Q painted.  It has the typically peeling mirrors, tons of chips, etc.  The cladding has been done before and looks great, but the panels need to be re-done.  No rust, very little body work needed (a couple of very small indentations).
Any advice on what to look out for, what to remove or not to remove, etc?  I am paying about $1,500 plus $200 for materials with me doing all of the removals and reinstalls on cladding, lights, badges, sun-roof, door-handles, spoiler, bumpers, etc.
I am not sure what to remove as far as trim around doors, etc.  Any other advice from those that have done this before would be great!
Also, how do you get the damned driver's wiper arm not to bang against the hood in the "park" position?  Should probably take car of that before having it painted.
Thanks...

--
Jason Hagen
Chicago, IL