[alfa] Sealing GTV6 Tail Lights

Greetings Digestibles!

I have easily come to appreciate the need continued maintenance of
electrical bits on our beloved Italian vehicles; and, when I noticed that
three of four tail lights were not functioning on the Suedemobile last
night, I expected to employ the usual clean-the-bulbs-and-sockets drill. I
found instead that the inside of the tail lights could have served as small
aquariums (aquaria?), due to leaks from our mo(i)st recent installment of
California liquid sunshine (and a fairly small amount).

The original seals look like they may have been simply some kind of
caulking, rather than formed rubber gaskets- they are seriously shrunken and
cracked, and provide little effect against moisture. Has anyone found a
source for a better replacement? I expect that I can cut some patterns, and
make my own from neoprene (wet suit material maybe?). I suppose also, I
could simply just drill a bunch of drains.....(just kidding!).

Cheers!

Jim Barrett

Huntington Beach, CA  USA