[alfa] re: 164 rear tire wear

Jason writes:
>Definitely! You cannot jack the 164 up from the center as that area is not strong enough to
>support the weight. That sucks. You should be able to straighten out the bent member and
>then have the rear links realigned.

I agree, if it was jacked from the mount for the rear adjustable arms. But isn't there a center rear jacking point on these cars (I seem to recall one on the 164L I used to have), just in front of the bumper cover? If they had used that, I can't see any issue. However, all signs seem to point to a dramatic misalignment causing the tire wear, and bent rear suspension bits would be a likely suspect.

Jeff Matson
Harvard, MA
'74 GTV 2000
ex-'91 164L