[alfa] Hoffman Duetto: CBS can't get facts straight

Kevin Trent wrote: I can't believe that no one has commented on the gaff by CBS when they specifically introduced the Duetto in the show as a "67". It was clearly a '69....

*******

Kevin, you are making your decisive decision because there are headrests on the seats? I will admit Tarus Baloq called it to my attention. So? As I mentioned the potential client who brought his '67 Duetto to my shop had 14" 5-Star wheels on his car "also". Might not someone have felt safer with headrests and purchased later '69 Seats?

While a difficult angle, the spokes on the steering wheel look fairly shallow as they would on a '67, whereas the spokes are much deeper on the 69's steering wheel.

Do you recall if the front had the '69 only stainless "protection" piece over the grill (though admit many owners leave it off)?

Had there been a shot of the rear, it would have been a dead giveaway with the 69's ugly block letters as opposed to the elegant Alfa Romeo script on the Duettos. (While not technically correct, I consider any Series 1, non '69 Round-Tail, to be a Duetto).

On the other hand there might be something you saw or know that I don't?

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

By the by, 60 Minutes has blown it big time on rare occasions, but feel their reporting over the decades has pointed out many important issues which would not have otherwise been known to the general public.