[alfa] Trunnion Bushing Replacement

I'm getting ready to replace the trunnion bushing on my '84 spider with a
new polyurethane bushing.  I have read the archived articles for
installation tips.  As one article said "it's a lot of work for a $15
part."  Most articles recommend disconnecting the rear end (i.e., the
shocks, sway bars and trailing arms).  But since the trunnion pivots up and
down why can't you just remove the nut that secures the bolt to the
differential, pull the bolt out, and push the trunnion up to replace the
bushings.  Since it sounds to easy it probably won't work but why not???
Can anyone add some insight before I start this project.

Thanks,
Chris