[alfa] Re: Logo history

George wrote:

<snip>

 The final form of the crest has the Serpent on the left, facing
left, and the Cross (now the symbol of the city of Milan) on the right
with a crown overall can be seen over the main gate with the Italian
slogan: 'Scuola Superiore d'Arte Applicata all' Industria' which, if my
limited Italian doesn't fail me means "Knowledge of fine art is
applicable to all work". This crest, in ceramic tile is dated 1977, and
was placed there by the city.

"Scuola Superiore d'Arte Applicata all' Industria"

I get something more along the lines of "High School of Arts Applied to Industry", which I would expect to signify a school of industrial design or something like that (note that in Europe, "High School" is not the same thing as American high school, but something you would do after the equivalent of American high school).

- Hal Taylor