[alfa] Reverberating Central Locking motor

Digestibles,

My driver's door central locking motor has developed a buzz (like a machine
gun) when it is activated. It appears to fire about 6 times as it does it's
job of locking or unlocking.  It is starting to scare people standing near
by.   I tried giving it a big drink of CO2 contact cleaner down the shaft
(all I could see), but that didn't fix it.  It looks like the whole lock
mechanism has to come out to get at the screws that mount the actuator.  I
resisted, fearing the work required to realign the lock.  What is required?
Is the actuator NBG?  I gather it has something to do with internal limit
stops in the actuator?  New ones are several hundred dollars, so a repair
is preferable.

Does removal of the lock mechanism require any special alignment on
re-installation?

Any ideas?

Cheers,
david