[alfa] Starter Question -1750

Hi All, I recently had my starter rebiuld and it worked great for about 6
months. However, now I have an issue. Sometimes the starter drive gear
stays engaged (at least that what it sounds like) even after the engine
starts and I disegage the key from the start position. When this happens
I can shut the car down and then start the car again and the starter
drive gear will often now retract after starting.  Does this sound like a
defective Solenoid , is this one of the ways a soleniod will fail? If not
the Solenoid, then what else might I check? I checked the ingition switch
and wires and they are appear clean with no shorts. Thanks in advance for
advice, Robert WatsonNovato CA67 Spider