[alfa] Alfa heraldry

Darryl Davis wrote: the serpent is the visconte family so the double alfa romeo sign signifies a duke and a viscount lovin it!

******

Umm, Darryl, a duke is a guy and so is a viscount. Perhaps (hopefully) you meant either duchess and viscount or duke and viscountess?

Assuming it's one of the latter two "possibilities", are you suggesting a literal interpretation as in cannibalism, or a more figurative one whereas it ends with a cigarette and the question, "Was it good for you?"

We've not delved into the red cross, but I assume also it has a religious significance. Do find it difficult to swallow (pun intended) there'd be both blatant sex and religious fervor on the same crest. Last I heard that would be like mixing oil and water on one's crest - especially if one lives in a red state (sorry, couldn't resist bringing in a bit of 'merican politics).

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA