[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V10 #437 - Alternator upgrade

In a message dated 11/24/2004 12:07:01 AM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 19:26:41 -0500 (EST)
From: Richard Welty <rwelty@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: [alfa] Alternator upgrade

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 20:22:09 +1100 Sasha Nackovski <sashan@domain.elided>
wrote:

> This has probably been covered a million times over, but thought I would ask
> anyway. I am looking for an alternator upgrade to replace the standard Bosch
> 35amp unit in my '74 Giulia GTV. The higher the amperage the better. Can
> anyone recommend a unit that will either bolt straight on, or fit with
> modifications? Don't really care about originality, so open to any
> suggestions. Please note, we did not get the late model Spiders here in Oz,
so
> using one of those units is probably not an option.

i'm told that GTV-6 and 75 (Milano) alternators work just fine, you will
probably
need to rewire slightly to account for the switch from an external to an
internal
voltage regulator, but it's not an onerous job.

richard

    I can affirm that the Milano (Alfa 75 for those of you not in the USA)
V-6 alternator is a drect bolt on for the mid 1980's Alfa Spider.  Both have an
internal voltage regulator, so the 74 GTV wiring will need modified.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City