Re: [alfa] 164LS engine stall problem continued

The fuel pressure jumping up is a rathole.  That is not the issue and is likely just a sypmtom of the injectors shutting down and fuel pressure valve poppint closed in the regulator.  Besides, high fuel pressure would be better anyhow.

Does it stall only at idle, or under throttle load as well.  Could you have an intermittent idle control valve?  Is the valve still "buzzing" after stalling?  Is it a hot soak problem?  What if you leave the hood open while idling and help keep things cool?  You said you replaced the crank angle sensor, hugh?  Have you checked out the throttle switch, O2 sensor, air leaks, coolant temp sensor and wiring?  How many miles?  Have the injectors ever been cleaned and serviced?  Try running a can of BG Products 44K through the fuel system and see if that helps...

--
Jason Hagen
Chicago, IL