[alfa] Reusing head gasket- hypothetical.

OK, lets say I built an engine (Alfa 2000cc for arguments sake) a few years
back. Head was tensioned to stage 1 factory specs (saving stage 2&3 for after
installation in car). Engine has since been sitting in a corner of a garage
since, and has never been started, never had oil or coolant pass through it,
never been subject to a heat cycle. If I were to remove and refit the cylinder
head, would there be a problem with reusing the head gasket? Gasket has been
fitted dry BTW- no sealer of any kind.

Anyone have any arguments for or against? Don't really feel like spending $$$$
on another Reinz head gasket if it can be safely avoided. All opinions
welcome.

Sasha Nackovski- Melbourne, Australia.