[alfa] rust removal part 2

Hi all,

I have some newbie questions about removing rust from behind the front wheels on my '77 spider. I took the advice from last time and I'm going for the Eastwood rust encapsulator. All I want to do is stop the rust from growing until I can take the car to a body shop to have everything done properly. Some of these questions might seem obvious, but I'm doing this for the first time so please be patient with me :)

1) When I buy the encapsulator, do I need to buy anything else? I assume some kind of wirebrush, and undercoat to replace whatever comes off when I remove the inner fender panels to access the inside of the sill/rocker panel. What about protecting the inside of the sill? Can I use the encapsulator for that, or do I need to use that waxy stuff?

2) Is there any difference between the red, silver, and black encapsulator? My car is white, so I'm thinking silver would make the most sense, although frankly it's kind of irrelevant since there's a hole in the side of my car and until it's fixed anything will look crappy. I'm thinking a spray can would be the best method of application (the spot is about as big as a chicken drumstick). Any suggestions here?

3) How much work would it take to spray some white paint over the top to conceal the wound as much as possible?

Is there anything else I'm leaving out that I should know? Direct replies would be appreciated since I'm way behind on the digest reading....

Thanks
Chris Keen
'77 spider
Los Altos, CA