[alfa] Sealant for Transaxle Intermediate Flange

Hi All,
  I'm in the process of rebuilding a Milano transaxle (my first manual
transaxle rebuild).  Pat Braden's "Owner's Bible" calls for a "silicone
gasket material" where the front and rear transaxle cases join the
intermediate flange.  Does anyone have any specific product recommendations
for this application?  I really don't want this thing to leak once it's
installed in the car.  Thanks.
Bert Neily
Raleigh, NC, USA
'84 GTV6