[alfa] Re: Re: Tops

Smith's heaters. If your Healey had one of those pathetic cylindrical
models with the two half-moon shaped doors like the one fitted to my
old Jag, it would keep the right side of your right foot warm for the
first 50 miles, after that, forget it (of course, by the 50 mile
marker, the Jag had already broken down, so I guess the Brits would
consider a heater that worked longer than the car would run to be a
milestone of reliability). My old Giulietta Sprint (which I wished I
still had) didn't have much of a heater either, but at least it would
warm the cockpit - eventually, and it actually could demist the
windshield! I always thought it ironic that the British who lived in a
northern climate with fairly cold, raw, and wet winters, couldn't make
a heater as good as the Italians who lived in a much milder climate.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0 'S'
(CA Lic# 'TIPO116')