Re: [alfa] Re: Alfa's US return

I am not sure if there is a huge cross-over between Italian care enthusiasts and Japanese car enthusiasts.  For example, I don't care if the Japanese cars are "superior" from a specifications perspective, or even features; plain and simple, I just would not buy one- probably ever.  For some reason, everytime I am in a Japanese car it just makes me feel ordinary and mass-produced (and it smells my kitchen after over-cooking the rice).

I believe what appeals to many about Italian cars and Alfas, they are lower volume and unique.  I think most Alfa owners want to own an eclectic, unique car that is approachable and not over-the-top in terms of pretensiousness and cost.  I would hate it if everyone I knew from work drove the same or similar car as me.  How boring, even if theirs is faster, lighter, and RWD...

Just my $.02

--
Jason Hagen
Chicago, IL