RE: [alfa] Alfa Giulia GT Parts wanted

A local guy was selling a single trunk trim piece from a GTV and it was chromed but too deep(front to back). I am not an expert on the 105 GTs so I assumed they were chromed.

I disagree slightly that these cars had little chrome:

wiper arms
window edge trim
door handles
chrome/stainless steel bumpers
grille brows
center grille
front/rear window gaskets(center trim piece)
hubcaps
mud flaps(kidding!)
chrome badging
chrome trim on sidemarkers

and this is just off the top of my head...

Regards,

Rod
69 GT Jr
79 Spider

Ken Chin <kchin@domain.elided> wrote:
I've never seen the trunk edge trim chrome plated (except on an overly
restored car). Also, I've never seen a worn, corroded, bent set of trim with
chrome plate flaking off of it. I believe they are plated with some
combination of nickel/zinc and are polished smooth to get a nice shine. An
extremely fine polish may get a near chrome shine to them. The item on eBay
is virtually indistinguishable from the original. Perfect fit, very nice
finish that compliments the rest of the car (which has very little chrome
with exception of grill, door handles and some badging).
Ken
73 GTV
89 75 3.0