From: J. Hutson Hart [mailto:hutsonhart@domain.elided]
Sent: Monday, 15 November 2004 1:27 p.m.
To: Mark Battley; alfa@domain.elided
Subject: Re: GTV Rear Seatbelts, Sources and Advice Sought

Hello Mark,

This is really awesome assistance, thanks very much.  I've been poking
around and staring at what's behind/under the seats and your detailed
explanation sheds needed light on the subject.  My intent is to get
the design and components all set and clear in my mind, and then have
a local upholsterer do the work and make whatever mods are needed to
the seats themselves.

I'm thinking 3-point static belts for the kids would be fine, unless I
can find a clean way to hide the retractor units.  It occurs to me
that I could mimic what some modern Bimmers do, and mount dual
retractors back behind the trunk wall, at the _inside_ shoulder,
feeding the belt thorugh a slot at the top of the seat back, with just
a receptacle anchor at the outboard position.  That way, when
retracted, the belts would sit flush vertically up the seat back on
either side.  What do you think about that?

I also like what you say about the retractor position for the front
belts too, as I have been vexed by the wrong-ish angling of the
retractors mounted on the floor/sill.