[alfa] Re: Alfa 6 - carbs

That would make more sense, certainly, but I have at LEAST two reference books which say that the Alfa-six had six single throat, downdraft Dellortos!?????

On Nov 12, 2004, at 7:34 AM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:05:14 +1300
From: "Les Singh" <Les.Singh@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Alfa 6 - carbs

I checked up on this after the first time someone suggested 6 single-throat
Dellortos: not true. The detailed cutaway factory drawings clearly show 3
twin-chokes were used on the Alfa 6.

Les in Wellington, New Zealand

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:54:32 -0800
From: George Graves <gmgraves@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Re: alfa-digest V10 #410

The original Alfa-Six saloon also had carburettors (six single throat
Del'Ortos as I recall). It might be easier to find one of those
manifolds than it would be to find a manifold from a South
African 3.0
liter GTV-6. BTW, you are aware that the S.A. 3.0 liter was a
different
engine than was the subsequent Milano Verde (Alfa 75) 3.0
liter V-6 are
you not? Don't know if it would make any difference about the intake
manifold, but I think I'd find out before purchasing a manifold off
that engine were I you. Just a thought....

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0 'S'