[alfa] more info on Spider continuning to run

I've done more troubleshooting on the Spider. It's not the ignition switch.
With it running, I unplugged both ignition switch connectors and the motor
continued to idle smoothly. Then with no apparent reason it will stop
without changing anything else. I had a similar problem when an aftermarket
coil was installed. The difference was that with that coil the only way to
stop it was to pull the coil wire.

Nothing was changed or modified recently on the car. It just started to
continue to run after the ignition switch was off.

I've checked the grounds on the cam cover and the intake manifold and they
are all tight.

Is it possible that running it with the ignition switch off is causing
damage to the ECU? (It is turning off the charging system and other
electronic circuits, the charging light comes on and the buzzers turn off.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Darrel