RE: [alfa] Biba commiting fraud...again...was...alfa-digest V10 #397

> Thomas, while I didn't spell this out, but feel if one
> currently has a Craftsman torque wrench and buys another
> similar to the other (yes, both could be somewhat way off)
> and the owner uses it (carefully) on two nuts and decides to
> return it, sorry but I wouldn't feel guilty in the least.
> Most of my wrenches are Craftsman and while I don't have a
> fortune in them, I'm a reasonably steady customer.
>
> Often I've had sales clerks tell me if I'm not happy with
> either a tool or shop vac, or (?) to simply bring it back for
> a full refund. Obviously the only way I would not be happy
> with it is to actually try it out.
> I've also had sales people remove items from blister packs to
> allow me to get a better look at whatever I'm considering
> buying. This might well seem as if I don't have have my
> priorities right in your eyes, but can't ever remember
> tearing open a sealed product in the store on my own.
<snip>

I'm with Thomas on this one.  What was in your original e-mail was notion of
intent to purchase (borrow) a tool for the sake of calibrating another,
quite a bit different from what you've written above.  Gee, reading the
above, it almost seems like your intent is to actually purchase a second
torque wrench..

As for calibration, yes, you could spend the time you've been spending
driving back and forth to Sears and look in the yellow pages instead, or do
a quick Google search.  Amazing what might turn up.

bs