[alfa] V-6 tensioner - oil fed with no oil?

I remember reading that people have rebuilt and used the original oil fed
V-6 tensioners but plugged them so they run dry.
I don't recall anything about how it was done, or what problems you might
have encountered.

Can anyone comment on their experience?

For a newly rebuilt 12V 3L, I've plugged the oil feed stud by
drilling/tapping for a small set screw (but not the drain hole),
used hi-temp, synthetic grease in the piston/bore/shaft area to keep this
lubricated, and replaced o-rings, shaft bellows, and idler/bearing.

Anything else to worry about?

Thanks,
Kevin
'84 GTV6