Re: [alfa] OT: Italian Scoots

Well I'm a Laverda guy myself and have noticed that amongst Laverda people Alfas are often the car of choice.
As to why some would prefer a Guzzi.... I had one once (MKIII Le Mans) and it was a wonderful bike. I think Guzzis have reliability and serviceability over the Ducatis and some sort of a dealer network over the Laverdas. Laverdas have exclusivity over both Ducati and Moto Guzzi so I guess its all a matter of what you want. I prefer Laverdas. I like something a bit different and find Moto Guzzis and Ducatis to just be too common. The feel of a race bred triple is also something special, especially a triple with a 180 degree crank. Laverda built some very special singular bikes, unlike any others, full of soul, fast, reliable. Plus the Laverda family (both the real Laverda family and the "family" of owners) are friendly and helpful and all around mostly good people!
Unfortunately Ducati has become big corporate and seems a bit cold to me. Sort of the Italian Harley Davidson with all the boutique stuff. Moto Guzzis I like but they tend to be a bit softer edged than I like.

Ed
Loveland, CO.

1980 Montjuic
1981 Jota