[alfa] GTV6 - hard start after sitting in sun

 Hi Folks,

having an issue with starting the GTV6 after it's been sitting in the
summer sun for a period of time.  It 'seems' almost as if the injectors
are leaking during the day, as the car floods as soon as you try to start
it - and then it will take about 40 seconds of cranking with the throttle
wide open to clear the engine enough for it to catch-  often only
clearing 5 of 6 plugs - meaning you have to manually clean one to get the
engine running smoothly again.   (wet with fuel, and a little oil or
general gunk  - the plugs are the correct colour otherwise)

I've tried opening the fuel cap in the middle of the day, to see if I
could hear a 'phsst' as the pressure escapes - indicating a blocked air
bleed or similar causing the system to pressurize in the heat, but that
doesn't seem to be case - Is it possible for pressure to build just in
the fuel rail ?   I assumed the return side had a clear path back to the
tank, but maybe not ?

The car has done this for a few years - every summer,  and many things
have been replaced / serviced etc in this time.  The heads have been
completely reconditioned in the last 4 months,  including
cleaned/reconditioned injectors. (perhaps they start to leak at certain
pressure

I did wonder - if one or two plugs foul - shorting the spark - is that
enough to disrupt the spark to the rest of the cylinders ?

I guess i need to be more systematic to trace this out - just wondered if
this makes anyone go 'Ahhhh  I had that too and it was this ..... '

Cheers,

--
Scott Murray

Managed Information Systems